Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Diner Blues

Well, at the famous Main Street Diner (no web site) in Grove City today I had very little to choose from. I have had the flavorful chili in the past, but I know it's full of meat, and today's other soup choices were chicken noodle and cream of potato. Nahh. I ordered the baked cod with baked potato and salad with ranch dressing on the side. Other choices might have been applesauce (sugared, no doubt), cottage cheese, chicken noodle soup, fries, that kind of thing. I don't think they know the color green there! However, the cod was good and well-cooked, with almost no seasoning, and I brought home half of it for another time.

TODAY'S MENU

Breakfast--1/2 cup oatmeal (everybody else ate it up!) with 1/4 cup frozen blueberries and 2 tablespoons sliced almonds

Lunch--3 oz. baked cod, 1/2 baked potato with 1/3 oz. cheese, iceberg lettuce salad with token tomato, olive, onion, and pepper slices, 2 tablespoons ranch dressing (a bit of it on the potato), two bites of hubby's hamburger, three french fries, and one bite of garlic bread; apple when I got home, two bites of Toll House pie

Snack--1-1/2 cups MINESTRONE SOUP

Supper--Salad of really nice dark, crisp romaine with red cabbage shreds, matchstick carrots, four or five olive bar olives, tablespoon basil/tomato feta, and low-fat Italian dressing; half a clementine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of these or if you have suggestions for improvements!