Saturday, October 17, 2009

Leftovers and an Outing--Navratan Korma!

Breakfast--Orange; leftover oatmeal with peaches, cinnamon, and nutmeg

Lunch--Apple, leftover asparagus vinaigrette with tomatoes, leftover FRENCH BEAN AND POTATO SALAD, small handful mixed nuts with a few raisins

Supper--Flavor of India restaurant--I may order the Navratan Korma, which is billed as a mixture of nine vegetables and fruits cooked in a cashew sauce. This recipe video has seven vegetables, I think, and milk, along with paneer (cheese cubes), but it's inspiring!

Update: I did order the Navratan Korma, which seemed to have the same sauce as my neighbor's Chicken Korma, and we agreed it must have had some dairy, but probably just 2% milk, not cream. I couldn't detect any paneer, and my version had cauliflower, peas, green pepper, carrots, onion, pear, apple, and . . . hmmm . . . maybe peppers? I had it over smallish servings of basmati rice, I had a small portion of the on-the-table crispy lentil tortilla kind of thing with two sauces--one plummy and one green-minty, and later at Starbucks I had half-and-half in my coffee and 100 calories of dark-chocolate grahams. It was a splurge, yes, but a moderate one, and much enjoyed! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, Cindy! I look forward to trying some of these out (well, as well as a person who doesn't like to cook can).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think of these or if you have suggestions for improvements!