Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Restaurant

TODAY'S MENU

Breakfast--oatmeal with cinnamon and nutmeg, tiny frozen blueberries, and lightly toasted almond slivers

Lunch--At Jordan's Restaurant in Grove City, I learned that the Filipino Lumpia (spring roll) was fried, so I ordered Jordan's Salad, a platter of mixed greens (mostly iceberg) with shreds of purple cabbage and red onion rounds, a dill pickle spear, and two tomato wedges. I asked for the balsamic vinaigrette (little or no oil that I could discern) and used just a couple of tablespoons, and I asked for the eggs and cheese on the side, putting a few slices of boiled egg white on the salad and leaving the rest of those things, including the garlic bread, for hubby and to take home. He ordered the Greek Pizza--very nice!--and I had the toppings from one small slice and one bite of the crust. The topping was red onion, Greek olives, fresh spinach barely wilted, slivers of sundried tomato, feta, garlic, and oil and was delicious. At home I had a cup of baked beans to finish things off--definitely hungry still before that!

Snack--Big, juicy pear (Kudos to Costco! I've been enjoying these for a week!)

Supper--Leftover CAULIFLOWER CURRY (about 1 cup), leftover SPINACH WHITE BEAN SOUP (about 1-1/2 cups, lots of broth), 3/4 of a pink grapefruit

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of these or if you have suggestions for improvements!