Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Simple Substitution

I was tempted to have a Wendy's Frosty today at lunch, and when I got home I made an alternative that was very satisfying on many levels. It is utterly simple.

COCOA-BANANA FROSTY

3 frozen bananas, slightly softened
3 tablespoons or so cocoa powder

Combine in the blender until perfectly smooth, then top with nuts if desired.

Verdict: Excellent. I wasn't sure this would quite do the trick for my craving, but it did, really, and with virtue to boot! This makes two good servings.

Side note--I had the Mandarin Chicken Salad at Wendy's, using less than half the dressing, for a total of about 400 calories--romaine and spring mix greens, mandarin orange pieces, grilled chicken breast, sliced toasted almonds, crunchy noodles for the top (only about 60 calories). Not bad for eating out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of these or if you have suggestions for improvements!