Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hungry and Another Curry

I woke up this morning pretty hungry (even a bit woozy), so I'm working on making sure I'm getting high-quality calories in there. Beginning tomorrow evening I will have three full days out of town without known access to groceries, etc. I may not post during that time but I'll report when I return.

TODAY'S MENU

Breakfast early--Banana with peanut butter and flax seed meal

Breakfast late--Half whole-wheat bagel (120 calories) with a smear of homemade elderberry jelly; two egg whites and half a yolk microwaved with a bit of milk, half a snipped scallion, a teaspoon of cheddar cheese shreds, salt, and pepper

Lunch--Leftover cup of LENTIL SOUP enriched with canned diced tomatoes, fresh spinach, and dried minced onions; smoothie of red grapefruit, frozen strawberries, and frozen blueberries

Snack--Tablespoon of peanuts and raisins, apple

Supper--SATYAMMA'S FAMOUS CAULIFLOWER CURRY (see sidebar for link to Molly Katzen's website--this recipe is from The New Moosewood Cookbook (Mollie Katzen's Classic Cooking) ), which includes a blended sauce of peanuts, sesame seeds, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, cayenne, coconut, and fresh ginger over sauteed (I used very little oil) onion, cauliflower, and carrots, with lemon juice and garbanzos added near the end. We had condiments of green and red onion, tomatoes, bell pepper in red and green, toasted almond slivers, and I forgot the raisins. :-) The family had it on rice, and I had it on green beans. WONDERFUL! I had a little homemade peanut butter cup (chocolate chips melted in a candy cup with peanut butter filling to finish, feeling a little deprived because the family were all munching cookies around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of these or if you have suggestions for improvements!