Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Busy Day and a Big Salad

Today I had a lot of errands to run, so I stuck a small orange and some mixed nuts in my purse, and boy am I glad I did that! As it was I barely felt hungry until I was also feeling woozy, and I'd stood in a Starbucks cafe in a Barnes & Noble and despaired of anything I could eat there. So I'm thankful for that orange and the nuts.

TODAY'S MENU

Breakfast--Leftover steel-cut oats cooked with apple

Lunch (about 2 pm)--Small orange and about an ounce of mixed nuts

Pre-Supper (about 5 pm)--A scant cup of CROCK POT CHILI with the meat picked out

Supper--Large salad of romaine and spinach, with bell pepper, onion, chunks of canned beets (I just like them! :-) ), marinated mushrooms (no oil), and about 60 calories' worth of a creamy cucumber dressing, with a sprinkling of dry-roasted edamame on top. For dessert, a large pear.

I think I need to be more careful to get enough to eat through the day, because I was quite dizzy (though not especially hungry) when I had that "emergency chili" as soon as I got home from the errands. After supper and a couple of hours later I think I feel fine.

I had fun at Costco picking out some interesting things to try in the days to come, including Tuscan melon, the marinated mushrooms, and quinoa, and old favorites like the giant bag of fresh spinach, tiny frozen blueberries, and dried apricots. I'm amazed that I still have little craving for the treats, and I even bought fewer of those than I might have otherwise--candy on sale, muffins from the bakery, a giant pepperoni pizza (never have liked pepperoni too much).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think of these or if you have suggestions for improvements!